Give Time | Terms & Conditions
Homepage T&Cs / General Website
We take your information and privacy seriously: we only collect, store or share your personal information or data with your prior consent.
This website requires necessary information from users when they register for Give Time, which helps us identify returning users, and connect with them further where and if necessary.
At no point will we rent, sell or provide your personal information to a third party.
We reserve the right to use any images uploaded, any comments added, and any information added into the website.
We may use the information that you provide to inform you of new developments via email. If you prefer not to receive these emails, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive.
We take safety, security and your privacy extremely seriously. If you are aware of any problems with our website or have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As an organisation using Give Time, you undertake that you are a volunteer organisation that adheres to Volunteering New Zealand’s Definition and Principles of Volunteering and that you are using this site for the purposes for which it is intended for.
Content posted to the site is moderated, however please note that you do not have the right to post any content that is:
- Misleading or deceptive in any way;
- Incites hatred or discrimination against anyone or denounces religious or political beliefs; and, Is indecent, vulgar, obscene or pornographic, offensive.
By posting content to the site, you undertake that:
- Anyone in your organisation managing student volunteers will consent to Police Check as required.
Requirements for registration
- Any reputable and trustworthy non-profit, charitable organisation, or group who are offering volunteer placement can register as a member with Give Time provided that these groups have reasonable volunteer programme policies, or are actively working towards creating and implementing these policies.
- We cannot approve roles offered by individuals who are not acting on behalf of a community organisation.
- Give Time will only accept membership from organisations that have a current health and safety policy and plan and appropriate insurance to cover volunteer roles. All volunteers must be orientated to the organisation and their roles – this must include a health and safety induction.
- Member organisations are expected to demonstrate best practice in managing volunteers; provide all volunteers with job descriptions, training, supervision, support, recognition and the reimbursement of agreed out-of-pocket expenses
- Organisations not conforming to legislation on human rights will not qualify for membership
- Organisations should treat all volunteers equally and with respect.
- Give Time collates limited information from volunteers registering with organisations online, therefore screening and final acceptance of volunteers is the organisations responsibility.
- Volunteers must not take the place of paid staff or fill positions for which funding is available or was a paid position within the previous six (6) months
- To the full extent permitted by law, the liability of Give Time for any act or omission on the part of a volunteer is hereby excluded.
- Give Time reserves the right to decline membership to, or to remove or suspend membership of, organisations that do not meet the above criteria.
As an organisation, we agree to all of the above.
As a student using Give Time, you undertake to:
- Turn up when you say you will and tell someone the organiser/ project contact if you are not able to volunteer.
- Carry out your duties and responsibilities in a safe, efficient and competent manner
- Comply with all laws and regulations as explained to you by the host organisation
- Keep yourself and others safe at all times and follow all relevant health & safety procedures, as explained to you by the host organisation
- Notify the host organisation about any hazards, accidents, incidents or property damage
As a volunteer, I agree to take reasonable care of my own safety and take care not to do anything which could harm another person. I will follow all reasonable safety instructions given to me by the host organisation that I am volunteering for.